Urgent!!! Area Treasurer, PRF 7980)
Professional License: Accountancy, Bookkeeping
First degree required.
Required training: Professional Accounting Designation (e.g. CA, CGA, CMA, or CPA)
Recommended Experience: Administrative and leadership and supervisory experience; cross-cultural experience not required, but desirable. Please keep in mind that experience trumps training.
Personality Issues/ Cultural Considerations: Generally, sensitivity to cultural differences, ability to adjust expectations and be flexible, "teachability" and willingness to learn from others. Specifically, ability to lead and work as a member of a diverse team and willingness to work in a simple work environment.
Contribution to Strategy: SIM Niger’s 100+ missionaries serve in a wide variety of ministries in 12 locations across the country. The purpose of SIM Niger is to glorify God by planting, strengthening, and partnering with the church in Niger. Finances are one of the biggest concerns of missionaries. As Area Treasurer, you would have a vital role in supporting a variety of ministries by providing timely and accurate financial statements and advice.
Ministry: AF- Financial Management
Responsibilities: Responsibilities of the Area Treasurer include the following:
1. Supervise the treasury staff, providing assistance and training, as necessary.
2. Provide financial orientation and ongoing advice to missionaries in relation to projects, ministry, and personal finances.
3. Provide financial advice to the SIM Niger administration.
4. Liaise with SIM International, sending, and field finance offices on financial issues.
5. Supervise the daily cash flow, foreign exchange, and check payments and approve purchase order requests.
6. Ensure internal controls are maintained and checked regularly.
7. Review and approve ministry claims of missionaries.
8. Prepare salary allowances and appropriate transfers.
9. Close the monthly books on a timely basis and distribute missionary and project account statements.
10. Review and regularly update all bank and other reconciliation statements.
Ministry 2: AK- Bookkeeping
Other Ministry Possibilities: Friendship evangelism, literacy, discipleship, Bible teaching, local church involvement, all under-girded by the development of personal relationships.
|Zeitraum||Datum nach Absprache|
|Region(en)||Afrika, Islamische Welt|
|Sprachkenntnisse||English: competent, French: competent|
|Anforderungen||Qualifications Professional License: Accountancy, Bookkeeping First degree required. Required training: Professional Accounting Designation (e.g. CA, CGA, CMA, or CPA) Recommended Experience: Administrative and leadership and supervis|
|032 345 14 44|